Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Genital Herpes – Allowed:
It is important for people who have genital herpes – HSV to abide by the following instructions.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR PEOPLE INFECTED WITH GENITAL HERPES:
- Try to relax and avoid stress.
- Get adequate amount of sleep (at least 6 hours a day).
- Take precautions needed and prefer to avoid sexual intercourse in case of pimples. Also wash hands well if directly contacted with the pimples.
- Do daily exercise and relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises because they help reduce stress and tension, thus improve the functioning of body systems especially the immune system and the nervous system.
- Use ice packs on the affected area to alleviate itchiness and pain associated with HSV.
- Prepare a cream (ointment) from the following: olive oil, Propolis powder, sage powder, rhubarb powder, and Echinacea powder.
- Use natural oils to rub the blisters and ulcers. Preferably, use sage oil, melissa oil or lavender oil. You can also open the capsules from the natural supplement package and mix its content with honey and rub the blisters with it.
- Sit in a bath of sage, chamomile and rhubarb decoction every day for 20 minutes.
- Sit in a bath of sodium bicarbonate. You can also wipe the infected areas with cotton dipped in sodium bicarbonate solution and keep it for 15 minutes after you wash the infected area well.
Info: Instructions: 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate per a liter of water.
- Take vitamin E supplements on a daily basis.
- If the disease has a psychological effect on the patient, we recommend that you take verbena officinalis (Verb. product) and Scutellaria baicalensis (Baical product).
LIQUIDS (WATER- JUICES- TEAS)
- Drink adequate amount of water (8-10 glasses a day) because it is necessary for maintaining the health and integrity of body cells.
- Drink ginger tea and licorice tea every day.
- Insert olive oil into you daily regime because it is high in essential fatty acids.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain Lysine (an amino acid which helps with the spread of the herpes virus).
- Eat fruits and vegetables that have high content of B vitamins such as leafy greens. B vitamins help maintain healthy and appropriate functioning of the immune and the nervous system.
- Prefer to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables because they are considered a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are essential for the healthy functioning of the immune system. Preferably, consume fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C such as kiwi, guava, sweet pepper, leafy greens, citrus fruits, onions and garlic.
- Fruits and vegetables have high content of fiber which helps detoxify the body and excreta disposal.
- Fibers help detoxify the body and excreta disposal.
- Take 1teaspoon of ground turmeric – curcuma longa twice a day (morning and evening).
FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Eat fish high in omega 3 fatty acid such as sardines, salmon, herring, tuna, and halibut.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for People Who Suffer from Genital Herpes – Prohibited:
- Foods that contain Arginine (an amino acid that makes herpes virus spread). Prefer to avoid chocolate, soybeans, and wheat.
- Foods that weaken the immune system and induces inflammations such as simple carbohydrates (white flour, white sugar), milk, dairy, saturated fats, animal protein (red meat), and fried foods.
- Allergenic foods that may weaken the immune system such as corn, wheat, milk, dairy, pistachios, preservatives and food dyes.
- Processed food and canned foods that contain food dyes and flavorings.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, sodas, and energy drinks.