Carrot and Zucchini Soup for Cancer Patients
An easy way to learn how to prepare carrot and zucchini soup for cancer patients.
Category of Food: Main meal – Lunch/Dinner
Servings: Two people
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Soup is a great dish for cancer patients especially during wintertime. It warms up the body and improves the function of the digestive system especially in patients who have a type of digestive cancer such as colon cancer or stomach cancer. Soup is also great for people who have constipation or suffer from indigestion.
Moreover, soup is an easy meal to make and to digest and it gives the feeling of fullness because it is contains fiber and liquids. Since it is important to consume 2 liters of water and liquids during the day, having soup can fill a lot of the patient’s daily need for fluids.
Soup is easy to consume and swallow for patients who have trouble swallowing food such as patients with brain cancer, esophageal cancer, Pharynx cancer, throat cancer, or cancer of the jaws.
The Ingredients of the Carrot and Zucchini Soup
- 3 carrots
- 3 zucchinis
- 5 of white button mushrooms
- 1 tea spoon of sea salt
- 1 tea spoon of curry
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 of whole wheat flour/ or 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
- 2 cups of hot water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Chopped parsley or dried oregano for decoration.
Method of Preparation
- Wash the carrots and zucchinis well with water.
- Slice the mushroom evenly and cook it on a stovetop on high heat. The high heat browns the mushrooms while instantly driving off excess moisture.
- Grate the carrots and zucchinis. Put then in a pot and add salt, pepper and curry. Then cook on medium heat for 5 minutes while stirring every minute.
- Add olive oil, stir for a pit, and then add the hot water to the ingredients.
- Add the flour or tapioca starch to 1/4 a cup of water and stir until it dissolves and then add it to the pot of ingredients (the soup) and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you get a thick consistency.
- Return the soup to the pot and boil on the stove for another 5 minutes.
- Take the soup of the stove, add the caramelized mushrooms and decorate it with parsley or oregano.
- Ready to be served.
- Prefer to use organic vegetables.
- Make sure the mushroom you buy is fresh and does not have a smell.
- You can eat the soup with garlic bread recommended for cancer patients.