Who Can Give Up on Green Tea?
Most people drink green tea on a regular basis in the mornings or after meals for the huge amount of benefits, it has. However, when given the choice most people would rather have a fresh cold drink, over a hot cup of tea. This is why we bring to you the healthiest recipe of fresh cold juice of green tea and lemonade. This juice is also suitable for cancer patients.
There are many ways to prepare green tea and they vary according to each country. Tea lovers have a skill in preparing new and exotic tea drinks taking care about the quality of the tea leaves so that they maintain an authentic taste of the cup of tea.
Lemonade with Green Tea for Cancer Patients
Category of food: Beverages/ juice
Servings: 2-3 people
Total preparation time: 7 minutes
- 1/2 a cup of soaked green tea
- 1/2 a cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 glass of water
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1tbsp of nectar honey or organic maple syrup
Add all ingredients to a food blender and then increase blending speed gradually until you get to the highest blending speed. Continue blending for 1 minute until you get a nice mixture.
Briefly about Green Tea
Green tea is native to southwest China, as China was the first country to use and export green tea.
There are many varieties of tea produced in China, such as green tea, white tea and yellow tea.
Tea was also used in India, Kenya and Sri Lanka as part of their regular diet as green tea Shrubs are usually grown in fields with acidic soil and areas with heavy rain. The leaves and leaf buds of green tea are cultivated by hand to maintain its quality.
Green tea has many medicinal properties; therefore, many people prefer to drink it, especially those who have cancer.
You should know that the red tea, also known as the English tea, is actually green tea leaves that were left to oxidize by heat and moisture until they turn black.
The Benefits of Green Tea for Cancer Patients
- It detoxifies the body and protect body cells from toxins that may damage it. This makes green tea beneficial for protection of cancer, as it is high in antioxidants, which prevent oxidation of bad cholesterol in the arteries; thus lower cholesterol level in the blood. This antioxidant property protects the heart and brain cells.
- Green tea improves brain functioning and helps repair and restore damaged cells of the brain for it contains Catechin component that helps treat brain diseases especially brain cancer.
- The major antioxidants that green tea has are folic acid, vitamin B, potassium, magnesium, and manganese, which all are essential for cancer patients.
- Green tea stimulates metabolism for it contains caffeine and polyphenols. It also improves digestion process, thus help remove waste from the body.
The Health Benefits of Lemon that Contribute to Cancer Patients
- Lemon is one of the rich sources of vitamin C. It is also rich in Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), which contributes to the production of red blood cells and antibodies in cancer patients.
- Lemon is a citrus fruit that people use in foods and beverages. Even its peel is used to add extra flavor to certain foods. Lemon can also be found as a component in perfumes and in skincare products.
- Drinking lemon with warm water, every morning on an empty stomach helps cleanse the stomach and the intestines from toxins. It also prohibits the activity of cancer cells for it contains Limonoids.
- It stimulates bile secretion, which helps detoxify the liver and improve its functioning, thus help treat cancer.