Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Women With HSDD – Allowed:
It is important for women who have hypoactive sexual desire disorder to abide by the following instructions.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR WOMEN WHO HAVE HYPOACTIVE SEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER:
- You should do a blood work for hormones including male and female hormones.
- If frigidity is due to hormonal imbalance for example hypothyroidism, then you should return the balance by eating foods that contain phytoestrogen, or by taking medicinal herbs that work on hormones.
- If HSDD is due to the intake of certain medications or drugs, then you should replace the drugs with natural medicinal herbs.
- Maintain a healthy weight and avoid obesity.
- Do daily exercise.
Work out can elevate your mood, improve libido, increase stamina, and create a more positive self-image.
- Try relaxation exercises such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises because they help you manage stress and think positively.
- Get adequate amount of sleep.
- Wear comfortable cotton made underwear.
- Communicate. Talking openly and honestly fosters a closer emotional connection. It may also help share your sexual desires with you partner.
- Respect your partner’s feelings and desires.
- If you feel pain during intercourse that causes fear and unwillingness to engage into a sexual relationship, then you should see a gynecologist.
- Some women feel frigidity during pregnancy or breastfeeding due to hormonal changes. In this case we recommend you to adhere to a healthy diet that would increase libido.
- Eat foods that contain B vitamins because they help improve mood and reduce anxiety and depression that are considered major causes for frigidity. Moreover, B vitamins are important for the proper functioning of all body system, in particular the reproductive system.
LIQUIDS (WATER- JUICES- TEAS)
- Drink chamomile tea to reduce tension and stress.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters a day.
- Prefer to drink ginger tea unless you have high blood pressure.
- It is also recommended to drink fresh juices of fruits and vegetables.
- Consume an amount of 1 small cup of olive oil throughout the day (you can add olive oil to your food). Olive oil is rich in essential fatty acids.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Prefer to eat leafy greens because they have high content of B vitamins and vitamin E which helps dilate blood vessels.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables because they are considered a rich source of antioxidants, fiber and essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for metabolic processes and for disabling of free radicals.
- To treat HSDD you should eat green colored vegetables as well as orange colored vegetables.
WHOLE GRAINS – LEGUMES – SEEDS AND NUTS
- Prefer to eat whole grains and legumes since they contain B vitamins that help improve the proper functioning the reproductive system.
- Eat foods high in vitamin E such as whole grains and soy products. Vitamin E helps dilate the blood vessels.
- Prefer to consume flaxseeds because they are high in omega3 fatty acid which helps treat HSDD.
- Eat foods rich in other essential fatty acids. Preferably, eat raw seeds and nuts as well as almonds.
- Eat foods high in zinc such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and legumes.
Zinc is very important for the proper functioning of the reproductive system.
- Eat foods that have high content of fiber such as whole grains, legumes, oatmeal, wheat bran, and flaxseeds. Fibers help remove toxins and accumulated waste.
FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Eat foods rich in omega3 fatty acid because it helps improve mood and treat anxiety and depression. Preferably, eat sardines, salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, and halibut.
Omega3 is essential for the health and integrity of body cells as well as for the production of sex hormones and the proper functioning of the nervous system.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Women With HSDD – Prohibited:
- Foods that contain saturated fat and cholesterol such as red meat, processed food, margarine, butter and refined oils.
These lipids can affect blood flow and cause hormonal imbalance.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol because they can affect blood flow and hinder the proper functioning of the reproductive system.
- Fried food and sugary food because they worsen frigidity.
- Soft drinks and energy drinks.
- Processed and canned food that contains preservatives, food dyes and flavorings. These foods may contain chemicals that can affect your reproductive system and sexual performance.