Inhibited sexual desire (ISD):
Inhibited sexual desire (ISD) is a low level of sexual interest referred to as low sexual drive; in addition to anorgasmia – the inability to reach orgasm during sexual intercourse. A woman with ISD will not start, or respond to her partner’s desire for sexual activity.
Causes for Inhibited Sexual Desire in Women
- Common relationship factors such as conflicts, toxic communication, controlling attitude, criticism, defensiveness, infidelity, betrayal, and lack of emotional connection.
- Hypoactive sexual desire disorder – HSDD.
- FSAD – Female sexual arousal disorder.
- Hormonal changes.
- Traumatic sexual experience such as incest, rape, or sexual abuse.
- Pain during intercourse may cause inhibited sexual desire in women.
- Pregnancy, abortion and also breast-feeding.
- Negative thinking patterns (anger, dependency, fear of intimacy, or feelings of rejection).
- Mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, stress, or low self-esteem.
- Overuse of alcohol and also street drugs.
- Pain and insomnia which eventually lead to fatigue.
- Side effects of some medicines, especially antidepressants and anti-seizure drugs as well as chemotherapy.
- Low estrogen or testosterone level in women.
- Menopause can cause HSDD.
- Certain diseases can affect libido (sexual desire). The most common of these are: atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, cancer, coronary heart disease, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), in addition to neurological issues, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Physical or psychological disability.
- Hard work and lifestyle imbalances.
- Low blood flow to the vagina.
- Female Circumcision also known as female genital mutilation (FGM), a process is which they cut or remove some or all of the external female genitalia. Circumcision is a ritual habit in third world countries.
- Lack of sexual desire for six months or more.
- No interest in sexual activity is obviously a clear sign of frigidity.
- Difficulty reaching orgasm and getting pleasure from sex.
- Lack of pleasure sensations when the genitals are stimulated.
- Very few or no sexual thoughts or fantasies.