Zucchini and Carrot Soup for People with Kidney Failure
Soup is a healthy dish, rich in fiber and fluids as it usually contain plenty of vegetables, like in our recipe today. Soup contributes to giving the body the necessary fluids, which helps people with renal failure excrete the toxicants form the body. It also enhances the kidneys, maintains body moisture, and helps patients urinate excessively.
We advise people with renal failure or kidney insufficiency to consume vegetables. Especially the vegetables included in the diet for people with kidney failure, such as zucchini, carrot, and mushroom. Therefore we have provided you the recipe hereunder.
Benefits of Zucchini for People with Kidney Failure
Zucchini is a summer fruit. It is great for kidney failure because it helps boost the immune system in addition to containing anti-inflammatory characteristics. Furthermore, it contains several nutrients and vitamins necessary for the integrity of the body such as vitamin A and vitamin C, which is considered a powerful antioxidant.
Benefits of Carrots for People with Kidney Failure
Carrot is a well-liked vegetable for many. It has a sweet taste and it is included in many of our dishes. Moreover, it contains vitamins C, A, and K, and several minerals such as calcium, zinc, phosphor, iron, and sodium. All of these vitamins and minerals are necessary for people with renal failure.
Zucchini and Carrot Soup Recipe
Type of meal: Main Course Lunch/Dinner.
Servings: 2 Persons.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
- 3 fresh zucchinis.
- 5 white button mushrooms.
- 3 fresh carrots.
- One teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of curry (mild or spicy).
- 1 pinch ground black pepper.
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour, or Tapioca starch.
- 2 cups of hot water.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Chopped parsley, dried oregano, or green dill for garnish.
- Thoroughly wash the vegetables, and peel the mushrooms then cut into even pieces.
- Stir-fry the mushrooms over high heat, so they keep the moisture.
- Grate the vegetables, and place them in a pot over medium heat. Then add the salt, ground pepper, and curry. Keep it on the stove for 5 minutes and stir every minute.
- Add olive oil and stir the ingredients, then pour the hot water.
- Add the flour or starch to 1/4 cup of lukewarm water and mix well, then add to the pot. Let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender and blend on high mode until the mixture is thick and creamy. Then boil again in the pot for 5 minutes.
- Lastly, remove from heat, and then add the mushrooms. Serve hot with garnish on top.
- Prefer to use fresh organic vegetables.
- Make sure the white button mushroom is fresh and does not have an unpleasant smell. Mushroom is important for Kidney failure, since it contains essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B.
- For a full meal, serve this dish with wheat or malt bread, garlic, dill, and a green salad on the side.