Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis – Allowed:
It is important for Patients with multiple sclerosis – MS to abide by the following instructions.
GENERAL ADVICE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS:
- Make sure you chew your food well before you swallow to help with the digestion process. It is recommended to eat small meals atfrequent intervals.
- Eating while sitting upright in the chair can help you with swallowing problems.
- Prefer to eat foods that have high nutritional value and are rich in salts and minerals.
- Eat at least 30 grams of fiber a day.
- Eat 2 tbsp of pollen every day. If not available, you can buy our Bee Pollen product.
- Take essential dietary supplements like vitamin D, zinc and calcium.
- Do moderate daily exercise to provide your body with energy and eliminate the symptoms of MS.
LIQUIDS (WATER- JUICES- TEAS)
- Drink 3 glasses of water (450ml) on an empty stomach. Prefer to dissolve 1tbsp of honey in this amount of water (for stomach cleansing) and then wait 30 min at least before you have your breakfast.
- Drink approximately 8 cups of water (2 liters) every day.
- Drink cinnamon tea and ginger tea every day.
- Add olive oil to your meals because it is rich in essential fatty acids. You should consume an amount of a small cup of olive oil every day.
- Use oils derived from vegetables, seeds and fish such as olive oil, flax oil, and omega 3.
- Drink fresh juices everyday: apple juice, carrot juice, beet juice, pomegranate juice, and others.
- Drink a solution of ½ tsp of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in 250ml of water (1-2 glasses a day) for 1 month.
- Eat 1 tbsp of coconut oil every day.
- Drink 1 glass of green tea every day.
- Prefer to drink 1 glass of salvia (sage) every day.
- Drink 1 glass of rosemary every day. If not available, we recommend you buy our Roz product.
- Drink a cup of wheatgrass juice every day (magic.wb product).
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Eat 1-3 dates everyday, 30 min after you drink the water.
- Prefer to eat Reishi mushroom and Shiitake mushroom. If not available, you can buy our M.Reishi product and M.Shiita product.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B such as green vegetables, root vegetables, sprouts, apples, pears and papaya. These foods help maintain and improve functioning of the nervous system.
- Eat 1 mashed clove of garlic with a spoon full of mountain honey in the morning and another one in the evening.
- Eat more green and leafy greens such as: mallow, spinach, grape leaf, watercress, green beans, phaseolus, celery, mint, cowpea, lettuce, parsley and green peas.
WHOLE GRAINS – LEGUMES – SEEDS AND NUTS
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B like: whole rice, oats, quinoa, whole grains, lentils, beans and sprouts. These foods help maintain and improve functioning of the nervous system.
- Consume foods rich in omega 3 like nuts, flaxseeds and others.
- Eat 1 spoon of fresh curcuma longa (turmeric) in the morning and another one in the evening (you can add it to food or honey).
- Eat 1 spoon of freshly ground cumin in the morning and another one in the evening (you can add it to food or honey).
- Prefer to eat plenty of legumes and whole grains such as: lentils, phaseolus, cowpea, chick-pea, lupine, peas, brown rice, quinoa and more.
FISH AND SEAFOOD
- Add fish to your daily diet. prefer to have fish that is high in omega3 fatty acid such as salmon, tuna, sardine, seafood, shrimps and calamari.
Healthy Diet and Daily Instructions for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis – Prohibited:
- Saturated fat and refined sugars – such as chocolates, cakes, biscuits, and white sugar.
- Dairy products especially that is made of cow milk and powdered milk. Preferably replace it with soy milk, almond milk, or organic goat milk.
- Quit smoking.
- Alcohol, frizzy drinks and sodas.
- Fast food, junk food, canned food and snacks because they all contain preservatives, food coloring and flavor enhancing materials.
- Reduce the amount of salt in food and avoid citric acid completely.
- Exposure to sunlight and high temperature.
- Animal fat and red meat, especially beef and veal and chicken meat. Preferably eat fish, seafood, poultry meat (chicken, pigeons) and lamb meat (not much).
- Stay away from sick people who have cold or flu.
- Prefer to follow a gluten – free diet.
- Caffeinated drinks like Coffee, Nescafé’ and others.
- Allergenic foods such as corn, banana, Pistachios, citrus fruits (except lemon), tomato, chili pepper, fried food, Hydrogenated oils like corn oil, butter, and saturated fats.
- Foods made of white flour such as white bread and spaghetti.
Note: Very important for patients with Multiple Sclerosis to adhere to a healthy diet regime and to adopt a tranquil lifestyle and sleep early.