Overcome Depression with this Salmon with Puree Recipe
Studies found that the type of food we consume heavily impacts our psychological health and behavior. Wherein, the type and amount of food either increase or decrease some hormones in the body, like serotonin “The Happy Hormone”, which when deficient, causes mood disorders and depression.
Serotonin contains the amino acid Tryptophan, an element the body cannot produce, but rather acquires from certain foods. Most significantly, deep cold-water fish, like salmon, tuna, and sardine.
Red salmon is very beneficial because it contains amino acids, fats, and omega 3, which reduce depression, improve the mood and contribute to feeling happier. It also contains folic acid- vitamin B9, which improves the psychological condition and helps to overcome depression.
Additionally, potatoes are rich in tryptophan, which is essential for producing serotonin. Cashew milk used in the recipe hereunder is also recommended for people with depression (despondency), to enhance the functions of the brain.
Salmon Steak with Puree Recipe
Type of Meal: Main Course Lunch/Dinner.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes.
Servings: 1 Person.
We at Hekma Center provide you with this recipe out of many; a delicious, healthy, and fulfilling Salmon steak with puree for people with depression. We advise you to have this at least once a week, with a side dish of your favorite soup, Rocca/lettuce salad, or any salad you prefer.
For the Puree, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil, according to taste.
- 1 1/4 cup of boiled potatoes.
- Ground white pepper.
- 1 pinch of garlic powder.
- 1/4 cup of cashew milk. Check out the Cashew Milk recipe on our website.
- You can add herbs or spices, like dill, rosemary, and others.
- Mash the potatoes well.
- Add and mix all the ingredients, except for the milk, over medium heat until combined.
- Present on a serving plate then add dill or other herbs on top for garnish.
- You can serve it next to the Salmon with parsley or dill on top for garnish, next to a red or green cabbage salad or Rocca salad, or soup.
For the Salmon. You will need:
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
- 1 pinch of garlic powder.
- Paprika powder (sweet or spicy).
- Organic sea salt.
- 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, or any other thick syrups, like carob syrup or date syrup.
- Combine the ingredients and marinate the Salmon, and leave aside for a while.
- Place the marinated Salmon in a covered pot over low to medium heat for 20 minutes or less. Cook the fish according to your preference.
- Remove from heat, then add 1 tablespoon or more of olive or coconut oil.
- Purchase fresh Salmon, or from guaranteed stores that store the fish well.
- Use freshly ground spices for more benefits and unique aromas.
- Replace dairy milk with vegan milk, like cashew or almond milk. You can find articles about dairy milk substitutes on our website.
- Treat your eyes by decorating the plate.
- Replace refined and processed salt with organic Magnesian salt or Himalayan salt, which are balanced and contain beneficial minerals.
- You can make the puree with sweet potatoes or carrots, or a mixture of both, for a unique, delicious taste.
- Overcome depression with this Salmon with puree recipe. We at Hekma Center also provide an organic supplement package specifically for people with depression. (Read Recovery Stories)..