Foods That Help Alleviate Endometriosis Symptoms
Endometriosis, also known as adenomyosis externa, affects 1 in 10 women in the world. This disorder occurs in the reproductive system when tissues similar to the tissues of the inner lining of the uterus grow outside the uterus in the abdominal cavity, ovaries, and bowel. It is worth noting that the cause of endometriosis is still unknown, but one of the potential causes is not committing to a healthy diet. Wherein certain foods help reduce the risk of getting endometriosis, which requires women to adjust their diet in order to alleviate the symptoms. And the diet must include plenty of vegetables, fruits, and good fats.
Women with adenomyosis externa can add foods rich in omega 3 to their diet, such as salmon, for it is very rich in omega 3 and is helpful for women with endometriosis because it protects against endometrial cell implantation outside the uterus. Moreover, omega 3 efficiently helps reduce the inflammation caused by this disorder, and omega 3 is a good fat that helps alleviates menstrual cycle pains, which are a symptom of endometriosis.
Including vegetables in the diet, helps women with endometriosis lower estrogen levels, which is a risk factor for endometriosis. Furthermore, vegetables contribute to improving digestion and protect against constipation since they contain fibers. Vegetables also contain high levels of antioxidants and many nutrients. Therefore, they are important for combatting inflammations and help decrease pains in the body and the uterus. In this article, we provide you the recipe for salmon steak with vegetables for women with endometriosis.
Salmon Steak with Vegetables for Women with Endometriosis
Type of Meal: Main Meal/ Lunch/ Dinner.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes.
Servings: 2 Persons.
For the Salmon Marinade
- 2 tablespoons of honey, maple syrup, or other organic syrups with similar consistency.
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Sweet paprika.
- A pinch of ground black pepper.
- 6 tablespoons of water.
- A pinch of garlic powder.
- ½ cup of lemon juice.
- A pinch of organic sea salt.
- Mix the ingredients, then spread the marinade on the salmon steaks and leave them for a while.
For the Vegetables
- Your choice of zucchini, bell pepper, small onion, yellow or green beans, carrot, chili, fresh mushroom, or others.
- Thoroughly wash the vegetable, except the mushroom, and chop them into large pieces, then add them to boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the marinated salmon in a covered pot over low to medium heat along with the boiled vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Peel the mushrooms and add them to the pot, without boiling them depending on the type. Cook the salmon less or more than 15-20 minutes as you prefer.
- Add one tablespoon or more of olive, coconut, or diluted rosemary oil, then remove from heat.
- Place the salmon steak and the vegetables on a serving plate. Serve with a side dish of rocket or lettuce salad, or your favorite soup.
- Salmon steak with various vegetables is a delicious and nutritious dish.
- You can have this meal with a side dish of salad or hot soup for a nutritious, healthy meal.
- Add lemon dices on the side to squeeze them on the salmon.