Salmon Steak with Puree for MS Patients
A healthy mind in a healthy body is a phrase that is widely used to express that staying healthy is important or essential for mental and psychological well-being. Therefore, we should pay attention to what we eat for it has a great impact on our body, immune system, our level of energy, our mood, and eventually our brain.
Preparing a healthy meal if you have Multiple sclerosis is not a big deal, for it does not require much time or effort or does it cost much money. This is why we at Hekma Center have decided to upload new recipes every occasionally to help patients with MS and other health issues stay healthy with only a few steps.
Salmon is a very tasty fish and is a highly recommended dish for it is has great benefits on the body and brain. Salmon is rich in omega3 fatty acid, which is essential for MS patients; therefore, it is recommended to consume salmon at least once a week.
Before You Prepare the Meal, Here are Some Tips You Should Know First:
- Always buy fresh salmon. If you are a resident of landlocked cities, there is no harm from getting salmon from a guaranteed source, where they store the salmon properly to maintain its freshness.
- To always, eat in moderation even if you are having healthy foods. This means diversification with food items rather than to always repeating the same foods. Diet diversification is important for brain health in MS patients.
- Prefer to add the herbs and vegetables from you diet for MS to your dishes especially if it goes with the given recipe. This helps you get more benefit along with the delicious taste. You can unleash your creativity with different choices each time.
- Prefer to keep away from cow’s milk, and replace it with vegan milk or organic goat milk, as we will do today in this recipe. You will find several articles on our site that explain how to prepare substitutes for cow’s milk and how to use them.
- It is also important to choose a good quality salt in our dishes. You can replace both processed and refined salt with other types of salt, such as Himalayan pink salt or organic marine magnesium salt, which contains minerals compatible with our bodies.
Salmon with Puree for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
Meal Type: Lunch / dinner – Main meal.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes.
Cooking time: 40 Minutes.
Servings: One person.
Preparing salmon with puree the French way is a delicious meal with lots of benefits. You will enjoy making this meal, especially if you love seafood.
Ingredients and Preparation Method for Salmon and Salmon Sauce
- Organic sea salt.
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon of honey, Maple, or other similar sweetener.
- Pinch of garlic powder.
- Pinch of black pepper.
- Hot or sweet Paprika.
- 3 tablespoons of water.
Mix all the ingredients together, smear the Salmon slice in the sauce and set aside for a while. Then you can cook it in a pan for 15 minutes or a bit longer until its done.
Ingredients and Preparation Method for Puree (Mashed Potato)
- 1 and 1/4 cup of boiled potatoes
- A pinch of salt and white pepper
- A pinch of powdered garlic
- You can add cooking herbs such as rosemary, dried dill, yeast or else
- 1/4 a cup of cashew milk. For cashew milk recipe, click here.
- 1 spoonful of olive oil or coconut oil.
Way of Preparation
- Mash the boiled potatoes well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mashed potatoes (except the cashew milk) and stir on a low heat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Then, add the cashew milk and mix it with potato until you get a smooth consistency.
- Put the mashed potatoes in a plate and scatter some rosemary or dill on top.
- Put the salmon steak on top of the puree and serve it with a side salad or soup.