- Product name: Danshen
- Botanical name: Salvia miltiorrhiza
- Common name: Red Sage
- Net weight: 60 gram
- Content: 100 capsules
- Additional names: Chinese sage, tan shen, Danshen
Red Sage – Dan shen
Dan shen – red sage is a multi- seasonal bush\plant that belongs to the Lamiaceae family. It reaches up to 60 cm (30-60) high and it has purple blue flowers. It is widely spread in high areas in southern and western China. The used part of the plant is its red and bitter roots which look similar to the vascular system.
There are around 700 kinds of Salvia around the world, most kinds have been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. red sage is a very important in Chinese traditional medicine. they use it mostly to stimulate blood flow which has an integrated affect on the heart and liver. It supports various heart diseases, chest pain and tightness in the chest, palpitation, restlessness, sleep disorders, menstruation disorders, stomachache and more.
More about Red Sage
In the 80’s after an increase of atherosclerosis amongst people, the western world became more interested in red sage. Research conducted on it indicated that it has same effect as Nitroglycerin, a drug used to expand blood vessels.
Red sage affects most body system mostly due it its property of stimulating blood flow therefore make it reach most body parts. Like all herbs of the Lamiaceae family, it affects the digestive system, respiratory system, immune system, pancreas and the brain. However, since Dan shen – root of red sage looks like vascular system it affects mostly the cardiovascular system.
Red sage increases blood flow in different ways: by reducing blood clots\ thromboses, ( by doing anti –oxidation activity on blood vessels) anti-oxidizing blood vessels, expanding blood vessels by relaxation of muscles which surround the vessels and by reducing cholesterol level.
In addition, it increases secretions in the digestive system, increases lymph flow and liver functioning as well as monitoring cholesterol production and supporting the Enzymatic system in disjunction of toxins Cytochrome P450.
Dan Shen Product – Red Sage is Indications
- Angina pectoris, Myocardial infarction and heart failure, during which the organ cells die because of a lack of blood supplement to the cells, or due to blockage or narrowing arteries or even death of the arteries themselves. It is also recommended to take root of red sage as an aid for restoration of the arteries after exposure to a heart attack or heart process.
- Cardiovascular diseases. It may help coronary artery, atherogenesis, Arrhythmia, and hypertrophy. Root of red sage contains an important phytochemical component, tanshonine IIA (TS) which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. Tanshonine may help in Atherosclerosis by inhibiting LDL oxidation, cholesterol accumulation and platelet aggregation in the arteries.
- Hypertension and poor Peripheral blood flow, as well as, promotes hypercoagulability of the blood.
- Viral hepatitis, liver fibrosis, cirrhosis, cystic liver in addition to fatty liver. It also may help regenerate damaged liver tissue.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Pancreatitis and gallbladder infections.
- Digestive system disorders such as difficulty digesting fats (Dyspepsia), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gases, flatulence, and tiredness after a meal.
- Menstruation disorders due to poor blood circulation and poor nourishment of the endometrial tissue, amenorrhea, infertility and irregular uterine bleeding.
- To improve studying , concentration and cognitive activity.
- Anemia especially after excessive bleeding.
- Osteoporosis, Avascular necrosis and Osteonecrosis, in which bone cells die as a result of a lack of blood supplement after arteries dry.
- Impotency and infertility in men. It improves sperm and semen quality and may help with frigidity in men and women.
- To alleviate menopause symptoms with indication to general fatigue, poor liver functioning and poor blood circulation.
- May help protect and support people with Diabetes type 2 and type 1.
- Mental -emotional disorders: tendency to weakness, mental exhaustion, sleeping disorders, palpitation, restlessness and even depression.
- Chronic skin diseases in children and adults and for allergies especially if they are related to liver dysfunction or digestive system dysfunction.
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers and for intractable wounds.
- It protects against Alzheimer and dementia in the elderly.
- Arthritis as a result of toxins accumulation in the body, poor digestion, poor blood circulation or liver damage.
- Poor immunity. It strengthens the immune system especially for people that suffer from recurrent infections and viral diseases.
- Supports chronic bronchitis.
- Detoxification of the body and the liver.
- As an anti-microbial. It also suppresses inflammatory cytokines and promotes the expression of anti-inflammatory cytokines.
- Also to improve kidney function after a kidney transplant.
Circulatory stimulant, stimulates coronary blood flow, hypotensive, anti-oxidant, tonic, spasmolytic, anti-coagulant, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, chronotropic, antimicrobial, antipyretic, sedative, aphrodisiac, hypoglycemic.
Dan shen product is contraindicated for:
- People 2 weeks before a surgery because it might slow blood clotting, so there is a concern that it might increase the risk of extra bleeding during and after surgery.
- People who take Anticoagulant drugs such as Digoxin (Lanoxin) or Warafarin (Coumadin).
- Pregnant women because there are not enough studies that can determine the safety of using red sage in this category of people.
- Breastfeeding women because there are not enough studies that can determine the safety of using red sage in this category of people.
Dan shen product should be used with caution in:
- People with hypertension that take hypotensive drugs. You should make a schedule to measure and monitor blood pressure periodically.
- People with hypotension because it might lower blood pressure and make it become too low.
- People that take antidepressant and drugs for insomnia.
Dan shen product is safe when taken by mouth by most people.
Large dosage of red sage can cause some side effects, including itching, upset stomach, and reduced appetite.
HEKMA CENTER PRODUCTS
- 100% organic and have very high quality.
- Manufactured in an FDA registered facility.
- Hold ISO-9001 and ISO-22000 certificate.
- Certified by The local ministry of health and hold GMP certificate.
- Are packed according to the strict international conditions of safety, health and hygiene.
- Are exclusive to Hekma Center and can only be purchased through our website or through approved sales websites such as amazon.
Purchase from Amazon Reading scientific references Browse all our products Browse all packages