- Product name: Zinc
- Scientific name: zinc-picolinate
- Net weight: 51 gram
- Content: 100 capsules
Zinc Picolinate Properties and deficiency
Zinc is an essential element for the human body. It is important for the process of cell division and the process of growth, as well as, for immunity, wound healing and acidity balance (PH). An acute deficiency in it may cause a defect in growth process, hypogeusia and hyposmia especially in children. Symptoms for deficiency are weak immunity, acne, rashes, nausea, low insulin levels, rough and dry skin, generalized hair loss, diarrhea, fatigue, slow wound healing and delayed growth in children. Other symptoms are white spots in the nails, skin diseases, numbness, forgetfulness, nervousness and jittering, hair loss, frigidity. Zinc deficiency is a reason to various diseases; therefore it is very important to avoid it.
In case of deficiency, it is very important to find the cause to this deficiency, so that you can fix it. The causes to Zinc deficiency can be a lack of calorie intake in people with malabsorption syndrome, alcoholism, chronic kidney failure, and digestive system disorders.
A vegetarian or Vegan diet can also cause Zinc deficiency, which means that people on these diets should consume higher amounts of zinc. Zinc decreases during pregnancy and lactation; therefore, pregnant and lactating women should increase their Zinc intake because it is very important for normal embryogenesis, fetal growth and milk secretion. It is important to know that breast milk provides the baby with the necessary amount of Zinc during its first 7 months, afterwards the baby should be provided with foods that are rich in Zinc.
Most researches indicate that the highest average of zinc consumption is amongst vegetarians. The reason to this is most probably due to the type and amount of food these people eat. Most people who want to maintain healthy weight and avoid whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds that are rich in zinc, normally suffer from zinc deficiency as oppose to ones who do not.
The absorption of Zinc picolinate is faster and more effective than the normal Zinc found in food because it is combined with picolinic acid. Calcium intake decreases Zinc absorption; therefore, it is recommended to take Zinc and Calcium supplements separately. It is also recommended not to take these two supplements with foods rich in Phytic acid such as grains and seeds.
Food manufacturing, such as nut roasting, bread, fermentation, soaking and germination of grains, seeds and nuts, dismantle and separate Phytic acid from Zinc, which increases the level of Zinc in the body.
The main sources of Zinc to Vegetarians are grains and legumes which are rich in Phytates, that cause reduction in Zinc absorption. This increases Vegetarians need of Zinc up to 50%.
Many vegetarian sources are rich in Zinc mostly seeds, nuts, legumes and whole grains. It can also be found in eggs and meats especially the liver. It is difficult to provide the body with the required amount of zinc from food sources only. To provide the body with the amount needed, it is advised to take Zinc picolinate as a dietary supplement because it is absorbed faster in the body.
Zinc product indications
- to vegetarians and vegans.
- to children with white spots on their nails, which is a very important signs of Zinc deficiency.
- to all cancer patients, especially ones that undergo radiation therapy in the head and neck area, a thing that may cause loss of taste and smell.
- to people above the age of 40 and to people with severe or acute Zinc deficiency.
- for general fatigue, tiredness and other diseases. It is also indicated to boost and strengthen the immune system.
- for osteoporosis.
- for hair loss and to maintain hair vitality.
- to children with attention deficit –hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). With Moringa oleifera (magic1 product), Withania Somnifera (Vitan product), and Centella asiatica (E-GOTO product).
- to people with common cold and frequent infections.
- for growth disorders in children.
- for Tinnitus (ringing of the ears), otitis especially otitis interna, and other hearing problems.
- to people with appetite loss, especially children.
- to people who have hypogeusia or hyposmia, which are important symptoms of Zinc deficiency.
- for prostate disorders. High Zinc levels in the prostate may protect against prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- for Rheumatoid arthritis.
- for cataract and night blindness because it strengthens the sight and vision.
- for some skin diseases and skin ulcers such as acne, eczema, herpes and psoriasis. It is also indicated as a supplement to maintain skin health and vitality and to protect the skin from diseases and pigmentation.
- for food allergy like wheat allergy.
- for infertility, frigidity, impotence, premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Also to increase the level of testosterone hormone and to improve sperm count and quality in men.
- for acute diarrhea in children.
Additional Indications for Zinc Picolinate
- for hypertension and different heart diseases.
- for Pneumonic. (as part of a full treatment plan).
- for Sickle cell disease.
- for asthma.
- for diabetes type2.
- for autoimmune diseases and for diseases due to immune system defect like multiple sclerosis (MS).
- to people with Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- to infants and nursing women (in small amounts).
- to people with depression.
- for Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis.
- for Peptic ulcers and indigestion.
- for down syndrome.
- for Hansen’s disease Leprosy.
- for dementia and Alzheimer’s disease and to enhance memory.
- to promote weight gain in people with eating disorders such as Anorexia nervosa.
- to improve athletic performance in athletes.
- to excrete accumulated toxic metals from the body.
- to prevent dental plaque and gingivitis. Zinc citrate is used in many toothpastes and mouth washes.
- for muscle cramps.
- for genetic diseases such as Acrodermatitis enteropathica.
- for Wilson’s disease.
- for Thalassemia.
- for Malaria and other diseases caused by parasites.
There is no specific group of people contraindicated to use Zinc Picolinate.
- It is advised to consult a specialist for use in infants, pregnant and nursing women.
- do not exceed the permitted quantity of Zinc picolinate because an intake of more than 2 grams per day can be toxic.
- High Zinc intakes can inhibit Copper absorption and calcium level in the body.
There are no remarkable side effects mentioned.
Purchase from Amazon Reading scientific references Browse all our products Browse all treatments